Campus Area Sledding Extravaganza!!!!

OK, it was the Cunninghams, Shelley Lambrecht and us ... but it was fun nonetheless!


Here's one of my favorite shots


And this has a 'fun' story behind it ... sort of. There's a ridiculous, straight shot, violent ride hill right near where we sled. And if you're not careful, you can drift over into that area. And if you're small and you're sledding by yourself you can just sit there not knowing what kind of danger you're in. And if a couple of boys who don't know better see you but don't bail out before they hit you ...

It was like something from America's Funniest Videos, only it's not funny when you're thinking of your four year old with a serious concussion. As it was, just a few scrapes and bruises.

OK, and maybe a lifelong fear of sledding.

8 comments:

Mainely Me said...

I go with the lifelong fear of sledding! Poor little sweetheart.

Jen said...

I keep remembering going sledding with the Balsbaugh's when I was engaged to Jon. I think Joy and Janine were really trying to kill me!

Unknown said...

Poor little thing. She does not look amused.

Jenna said...

Nora looks like she could take somebody down for this...

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Aw, I'm sorry Nora.

Jen, that's funny...I don't remember that we tried to kill you...just show you how Oregonians have a good time. Was it bad?

Jen said...

Well, let's just say, I was terrified, but trying so hard to be "cool" and accepted by the "fam".

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Well, you played the part well Jen. I never knew you were terrified.

;)

Jen said...

Ha! I've spent more than half my life terrified! Several years ago, I realized this on a women's retreat. It's been so good for me in so many ways.