A Little More Bob

I picked up the remainder of Dylan's studio albums (and got a start on the rest of the live material) with my most recent Amazon.com certificates!

Here are the new acquisitions:







I've only listened to Empire Burlesque, New Morning and Good As I Been To You (and these cursorily), but so far my favorite is Dylan's rendition of Steven Foster's "Hard Times" on Good as I Been to You. Listen to a live version below:
And for those who like the song don't care for Bob's voice so much (even though it's really great hear for this song) here are a couple other versions. The first is haunting. (You might have to turn the volume up a bit.)



That's just the essence of what music can do.

2 comments:

Eyes_Wide_Open said...

Congratulations! That's quite a feat. I love that song. It's been a long time since I'd heard it. Thanks brother.

Unknown said...

James Taylor does a nice version of it too. It is on the album Appalachian Journey featuring Edgar Meyer, Yo-Yo Ma, and Mark O'Connor. I have it.