Diamond Dave and Spider John - Live Somewhere Tonight

I stopped by the Seeds of Peace camp this morning before church to see if they were OK after the 'near raid' last night. (The police circled the block on and off for three hours last night without stopping and saying anything, then finally lined up about a dozen squad cars and unmarked cars in front of the camp with light running before driving off. No police got out. They shined a few searchlights. No one talked to anyone at the camp.)

Diamond Dave was off to an poetry performance at Powderhorn. I don't know if we'll make it, though.

Then later tonight he was going to Spider John Koerner's 70th birthday party! I thought about asking to go along, but I think if Dave would have wanted me to, he would have asked himself.

Happy Birthday, Spider John

No comments: